JOB ID: T3166
REPORTS TO: AUDIT MANAGER
- To supervise teams of internal auditors operating within the Central Government and Budget Agencies
- Prepared Audit programmes and plans.
- Accurately prepare progress register for submission to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Efficient and effectiveness in the execution of audit engagements.
- Efficiency in the Internal Audits recommendations.
RANGE OF ACTIVITIES:
- To prepare audit programmes and provide guidance of its use to Ministries and other Government Agencies under the Audit section and submit same for approval from the Internal Audit Manager for efficiency.
- To prepare the first draft of the audit reports and prepare memorandum arising out of audits examinations for submission to the Deputy Head Internal.
- To bring to the attention of the Deputy Internal Audit any irregularities and discrepancies of agencies audited so as to ensure correct actions are taken to resolve the irregularities and discrepancies in a timely manner.
- To maintain progress register for which reports must be submitted to the Internal Audit Manager.
- To assist the Deputy, Head Internal Audit in the on-the-job training of all subordinate audit staff so as to ensure high performance levels.
- To compile recommendations for the internal Audits conducted in a timely manner and for use by senior officers.
- To evaluate the accuracy of audit work completed and maintains appropriate records relating to the Audit.
- To perform any other related duties for the smooth functioning of the department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or equivalent in Accountancy or Finance from a recognised institution PLUS three (3) years experience in Accountancy or Auditing;
- Successful completion of ACCA Fundamental Level PLUS three (3) years experience in Accountancy or Auditing;
- Diploma OR equivalent in Accountancy or Finance from a recognised institution PLUS six (6) years experience in Accountancy or Auditingof which two (2) years as a Supervisor.
- Successfully Completed Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) PLUS six (6) years experience in Accountancy or Auditing of which two (2) years as a Supervisor.
DECISION MAKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT ON RESULTS:
- Decisions are made in consultation with superiors to achieve the goals and objectives of the Audit Office. He/she is expected to make high level decisions in relation to translating programmes and projects into operational activities.
- The incumbent is responsible for the control of Equipment (telephone, calculators) Machines (computer, printer, fax and photocopier) Tools (pens, pencils and stapler) and Work Aids (Financial Regulations, Manual of Government, Auditing Standards and Code of Ethics etc) used by audit staff in the auditing process.
- The incumbent communicates with all senior staff in the client organisation. He/she is responsible for communicating the most critical issues involving irregularities to senior officers of the Ministry.
- Normal working conditions but incumbent is expected to work in outlying areas wherever an audit is to be conducted.