Targets for 2017
1. Central Government revenue to increase by 6.4% to 186B.
2. Tax revenue to increase by 8.9% to 162.6B.
3. Excise tax collections projected to reach 34.4B.
4. Services sector to grow by 2.7%; growth to be driven mainly by an expansion in finance and insurance activities, and information and communication sub-sectors.
5. Construction sector to grow by 5%; the sector will benefit from rising infrastructure spending in 2017. Forestry sub-sector projected to grow by 5.8%.
6. Mining and Quarrying projected to grow by 7.9%.
7. Output of gold is targeted at 694,000 ounces, while bauxite is budgeted at 1,726,008 metric tonnes.
8. Manufacturing sector to grow marginally by 1.9% and light manufacturing by 1.2%. “Buying local” is vital for the expansion of our local manufacturing industries.
9. Agriculture, fishing and forestry projected to grow by 4.2%.
10. Sugar production to increase by 10.6%.