Blog Post

19 Nov
By: MOF Communications Unit 2

Natural Resource Fund Act 2019

Download Natural Resource Fund Act 2019

One Comment

  • Pete

    GUYANA MUST HAVE AN INVESTMENT POLICY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR NATURAL RESOURCES OF GOLD.

    1. Reputable mining corporations are only ones allowed to mine SUSTAINABLY within the sovereign realm of Guyana.

    2. The Local Content agreements MUST have 100% Guyanese-born workforce. Not just laborers/miners, but administrative and managing. Guyanese diaspora has a massive wealth of knowledge and intellect that are willing to contribute.
    *Guyana’s Brain Drain is Today’s Guyana’s greatest asset.*

    3. MOST IMPORTANT: The resource agreements MUST BE 90% REFINED GOLD OWNED BY GUYANA. The investor retains the remaining 10%.

    4. Gold Refinery: MUST HAVE the infrastructure of several facilities to refine raw ore to bullions and bars. Once refined and finished, store in a national High-Security vault system at undisclosed locations across Guyana. These locations CAN be built at certain remote locations such as where the old forts were – Just a thought! Naming vaults accordingly for system reasons.

    5. Gold Reserves: Having a gold reserve is PARAMOUNT.

    6. Gold Reserve MUST NOT be under the jurisdiction of the Bank of Guyana – SECOND MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THIS. Must be under a separate Gold Reserve Fund Management department with total transparency and free of public officials interference. Made up of highly competent officials and staff.

    7. Setting Annual Targets: Annual yield targets must not be below 500,000 ounces per annum and investors must increase by 10-20% each year of operation. Sustainable production ratios.

    • 1:58 pm - October 23, 2020

    • Reply

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.